October 31, 2011

Monday-The Classic Songs

I spent half of my Sunday in the kitchen, making Spiral Karipaps and Jellies. Those are made for my MIL's birthday celebration at my SIL house. I really took my time while preparing the food.. And listening to the classics while doing so was very relaxing. I was trapped in my own world for few hours. A blissfull hours indeed.

Switched on my iPod,  and P. Ramlee's voice quavered into the whole kitchen:

Getaran jiwa
Melanda hatiku
Tersusun nada
Irama dan lagu..

Next, Saloma and P.Ramlee's version of Begawan Solo:

Bengawan Solo
Riwayatmu ini
Sedari dulu jadi
Perhatian insani..

Followed by renditions of Bengawan Solo, sang by various artist in many languages. One of them is a lullaby-esque version of Begawan Solo, performed by Siti Nurhaliza and Noh Hujan. Definitely my favorite. 



After done with those food, we packed and left home for the party. (and Begawan Solo kept playing in my head for the rest of the day. He he)


Happy Birthday, Mak. :D Semuga pjg umur and bahgia slalu...


Another well-spent weekend. How was your's?


8 comments:

  1. RC
    Down memory lane kekdahnya nih.. =sad+happy!

    Bengawan Solo adik beradik Napoleon Solo, kah? ahaks..

    (RC, Lili n I baru jer soksek2 pasal nak buat karipap; tup2 you dah buat dulu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha begawan solo.. eeuuwww I dah pgi this place back to 2004, mase tu form 4 n ikut trip blajar music to jogja n solo.

    lagu mmg sdap tp tempat tu kotor sangat. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. RC,

    My karipap project is stalled because hubby decided to stay home last week...Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coincidentally, I have also just downloaded 4 oldies from iTunes today :) Yes, the right music does gets one in the groove... Bengawan Solo is also one of my favourite local songs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. CS,

    I'm not strolling down the memory lane lah..jus tired with the current mainstreams je.. muak! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angerik, oh my.. Bait2 lagu tu sounds indah2 je..Pity btul..

    ReplyDelete
  7. K lily,

    NaK kena tunggu ur husband out br buat? Nk surprise him eh? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley,

    BS- my cooking n jogging anthem.. Hihi

    ReplyDelete