Sunday- Prune Layer CakeSunday, January 22, 2012
I'm going to keep this short. We're going to my MIL house any minutes now. :P I would like to wish all my blogosphere friends who celebrate Chinese New Year a Gong Xi Fa Cai. Let's welcome the Dragon year with this Prune Layer Cake.
A crooked layers cake to be exact :P he he
(Adapted from Bisous A Toi)
Note: I doubled the ingredients and used 8x8 baking tin.
80g condense milk
1 tsp mix spice
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (I added vanilla extract too)
80g golden syrup
15 egg yolk
3 egg white
120g castor sugar
80g superfine or HK flour
1 tbsp ovallete
20 ml cold water
a few drop of yellow colouring
150g pitted prunes (I used 250g hehhe)
1.Greased a 8x8x3 pan.. preheat oven 180C
2. Whisk A on high speed for abt 7mins or till thick and creamy.. put it aside
3. In another bowl.. Whisk B on medium speed for 10mins or till thick and fluffy
4. Add butter mixture (A) into egg mixture (B) and continue to whisk till well blended
5. Add in yellow colouring
6. Separate batter into 10 portions... abt 90g each layer
7. Spread a portion of batter evenly into pan
8. Tilt pan left and right to level batter or use back of ur spoon. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden.
9. Remove from oven and press cake layer to remove excess air. Brush layer with melted butter and spread another portion of batter over the cooked layer, tilt pan to level batter and arrange flattened prunes onto batter. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden.
10. Alternate step 8 and 9 until batter is finished.
11. Bake last layer using upper and lower heat for a further
10mins .. (use aluminium foil to cover the top so as to prevent the top fm turning to dark)