Adam Bakes: C is for CookiesTuesday, January 17, 2012
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me..
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.
Oh cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.
Adam kept putting Cookie Monster song on repeat while we baked this cookies...
I love baking with Adam. Of course, minus the kitchen mess he'd made after that. He can now understands instructions better. He poured the ingredients, which I've prepared earlier, by himself. He screamed his lungs out if I tried to hold his hands. he he and he can scoop the batter and put it on the baking trays neatly.. all by himself... Yeay..
The first tray was gone minutes after it cooled down. He munched it while watching that cookies monster's clip. Again and again. Huh.
That night, I slept with that songs playing in my head. Ok..creepy... C is for Creepy.
Update (Jan 18):
Adapted from The Treat Truck Baking Book by Kim Ima
Makes 11/2 to 3 dozen cookies, depending on how big you make them
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed dark Brown Sugar
3/8 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt- I put 1/2 spoon only..
1 to 11/2 cups semisweet or milk choc chips- I added more..
1. Preheat oven to 350F (176-178 C)
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing well as you go. Stir in the chocolate chips
5. Scoop the dough into round drops (big or little, you decide!) with a spoon or ice cream scoop and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet
6. Bake for 9 to 12 mins, or longer as needed or desired. Remember that the cookies will continue to bake a bit after they come out of the oven. If you like them soft or crispy, you may vary the time accordingly. (RC: I love crispy cookies, so I baked them for 12 mins)
7 let the cookies cool 9if you can resist!) before moving them from the baking sheet.