"A simple yet full of flavors dish.."
"Oh please please try..hehe"
I love to serve this on my table everyday sampai muak makan haha...tapi for the cholestrol sake, tak boleh la kan..But I'm so so into this so-called salad..isk isk
Oh please forgive me..for praising this dish high..hehe All praises go to the recipe owner-Kimba Kitchen..
Anyway, I'd to adjust the recipe, just to suit whatever I had in my fridge..The dressing is the important part of the salad.. so you can literally put anything after that..anddd I made this as a side dish, served with plain rice, omelette and fried fish huhu
Thai Beef Salad [Big thanks to Kimba Kitchen]
Yield: I big salad bowl
Serving: 4 persons
- 80 ml lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed-I used garlic salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (cilantro) roots and stems-skipped
- 1 stem lemon grass (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 x 200g beef eye fillet steaks- I used shabu shabu beef hehe
- 150g mixed salad leaves- I substituted with purple carbage, and roasted red pepper
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges- Yellow Onion
- 15g coriander (cilantro) leaves- Skipped
- 7g torn mint leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese (short) cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced on the diagonal-Skipped
- Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, garlic, chopped coriander, lemon grass and chilli until the sugar has dissolved.
- Preheat the chargrill plate to medium-high direct heat and cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, or until medium. Let the steaks cool, then slice them thinly across the grain.
- Put the salad leaves, onion, coriander leaves, mint, tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl, add the beef and dressing, toss them together and serve immediately.
The next morning, I fried the leftover rice and salad and tadaaa..jadik nasik goreng plak ;p
BTW, have you heard a saying said something like this; "Makanan darat and Laut tak boleh campur, takut mudarat?" anyone know more about this..? I just found out abt it last week..