I just noticed that I'm writing my 200th post now. 200 posts in a year+? that's just amazing..to me, at least.. I hardly hook to anything nowadays [baca buku pun bila nk tido, pastu boom tertido] and to have something that I can stick my nose onto is just unbelievable.
Anyway, did you guys celebrate your first blogoversary? Mine was on last month and I let it passed away without any note on it hehe. Never mind, there's always next or next next blogoversary.. =P
Okay..let's move on..Since BigDaddyO is coming home from somewhere tonight, I baked blondies as a welcome home treat for him.
The original recipe read as Nutella Swirl Blondies, but I added espresso to make the blondies sounds "masculine" hehe It was my first attempt in making it. A quick fix and the end result is delightful. This blondie is a must have treat for any party and I think I'm gonna baked this for Adam birthday bash [minus the espresso, of course].
It has a dense and chewy texture and on tastewise, the combination of nutella and espresso is just marvelous.. [tak ting tong pening2..] I keep on munching it and it's very addicting..[ate about 5 squares alredi..slap slap..]..this recipe will yield about 16 blondie squares depends on how big you cut it. You get more squares if you cut it small. Totally a keeper recipe and I'm thinking of adding nuts in my next bake..or..or.. substitute nutella with peanut butter..:D
Okay here's the recipe;
Nutella Swirl Blondies [ Big thanks to GingerBread Bagel for this amazing recipe]
Yield: 16 squares or more
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 by 8 baking pan and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the packed light brown sugar, melted unsalted butter and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, add in the egg and mix.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until almost combined.
- Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Evenly spread the blondie batter into the baking pan. Measure out the Nutella. Drop the Nutella on top of the blondie batter. Drop the Nutella in three rows. (three drops in each row)
- Swirl the Nutella up and down. Then back and forth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool and then cut into squares.