This is mommy first bento for Adam. Yippee!
Mommy was so excited to make a bento for Adam. She stayed up all night, did some research on bento, the prep and design, etc, slept at 630a.m, woke up at 8 a.m, and straight to the market to find some stuff for the bento. Tadaa.. bento served on the table.
Unfortunately, he ended up eating "the monster's mouth" a.k.a the cheese only. T_T
And Daddy stuffed all the 'sushi' inside his tummy.
You get and A for effort babe. Keep on 'bento' ing!
The recipe for the Nutella + Banana Sushi was based on The 24 Hour Kitchen's Peanut Butter and Banana "sushi".
- Lay out one slice of wheat bread, cut off crust- I didnt cut the crust
- Squish bread flat as can be
- Spread a thin layer of PB over the bread- I used Nutella
- Cut banana into long strips
- Starting closes to you, place the banana about 1/3 of the way away from the edge of bread
- Roll the bread up and over the banana and contine to roll
- Press to seal – the PB should be sticky enough for it not to unroll